PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Current Pilot schemes for poor people??
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2024, 22:55
Captain Spam Can

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weep
I will definitely look into this further. I think ACS Flight School looks like a decent option for the modular route
If any of my kids show interest in flying and they didn’t get a sponsored course I would say go modular 100% at this time, I would have gone that route had I not got onto the wings scheme as integrated would of been too expensive. It was harder for my modular friends to find employment back then, one guy who started his PPL when I did got his first commercial job when I got my command! Supply and demand nowadays though means that you’re not disadvantaged going modular.

I would say Weep if your heart and soul is to fly, it will happen, don’t start buying houses though yet. Make sacrifices instead to save for the training and a way of keeping current. Even though I was the lucky few I couldn’t get my house until I was in my early 30’s since after my bond was up I had to start saving for a house deposit by that time I was a Captain with a family. But I’d of never earn a six figure salary doing anything else period so delayed gratification is worth it.