PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all European controllers: Brothers and sisters - lend me your hand!
Old 27th Apr 2024, 15:21
Random ATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vectors4cash
I know for a fact that all EU ACC's are higher, so for me posting this number is pretty damning, but:

Between 38 000 and 40 000 eur/pa net for acc/app/twr.

We'd sincerely appreciate a thorough response. Although it's not always best to compare different regions and situations, there's an ongoing trend of our management threathening us with 'it could be so much worse, you could have it as bad as *insert country that is now actually doing better than us*'. That's why we seek more info
In a good year, being at the top of the salary scale, with a fair amount of overtime, I make around EUR 100.000 net, which is around EUR 220.000 before taxes (we pay a TON of taxes here). That's for over 1.600 hours per year and, in my opinion, it is NOT a great salary if we look at the same job in other countries or we have a look at other professions. If you are in Latvia taxation should be much lower there, and real estate used to be very cheap (I have been to Riga and know the prices).

At Abu Dhabi tower, according to my colleague, it is possible to make around 12 - 15k net month, in euros, I think.

In Switzerland, over the years you can make over 200.000 per year (before taxes), apparently the salary goes up progressively.