PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glen Buckley and Australian small business -V- CASA
Old 26th Apr 2024, 22:08
glenb

Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Correspondence to Minister King

27/04/24To Minister King,

I am writing to you on a significant matter.

I will be brief because I know that both CASA and I have kept you fully briefed,

I am seeking confirmation that this correspondence has been brought to your personal attention.

I have sent previous correspondence to your Office on this matter, and it is not even automatically acknowledged. It may be a simple “error” in the settings. Irrespective I am requesting acknowledgement of this correspondence,

I want to ensure that you are fully aware that I have raised allegations with you that the CASA Executive Manager of Legal, International and Regulatory Affairs, Mr Jonathan Aleck has provided false and misleading information to a Commonwealth Ombudsman investigation.

I appreciate the significance of that statement, but I stand fully behind it, and am accountable for it.

The Ombudsman Office has formed the opinion that they have not been provided false and misleading information by Mr Aleck.

That only confirms to me that they have been successfully misled.

This is a matter that needs to be fully resolved, and in as short a timeline as practical, because of the potential implications if my allegations were found to be true.

The significance of Mr Alecks position and the responsibility of the Department that he works for demands the very highest standards of integrity, and you are compelled to act.

As the Minister responsible for the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) please provide me with your preferred option for me to have this matter fully resolved. A process that Mr Aleck himself will no doubt be enthusiastically supportive of.

In the first instance may I respectfully request a simple confirmation that this correspondence has been brought to the attention of the Minister, whilst a more substantive response is considered.

If a determination is made that this correspondence does not need to be brought to the attention of the Minister,may I respectfully request the Position of the person that has determined that this does not need to be brought to her direct attention.
Respectfully Glen Buckley.