PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-3
Thread: Southampton-3
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2024, 11:07
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The usual suspects having a field day I see. I have repeatedly posted stats that prove the Belfast city route hasn’t been affected by Easy’s new route to the other Belfast airport. In fact the city route grew. Logan are clearly going through a difficult patch with losing pilots and availability of ATR parts, new planes. Also the sale of the business hanging over their heads. The CEO that left recently could obviously see what was on the horizon. None of this has anything to do with SOU or Easy. The fact they still operate 145s when no other big operator in Europe does was always a red flag.

Most importantly, let’s approach this factually. The loss of Logan on the Glasgow route means only a loss of 147 passengers. Hardly the end of the world. I still feel like there is a place for Logan operating one super early and one late night flight to cater for people after a full day either end. But I also can see Easy doing two daily flights. Perhaps a based aircraft could fly down from Glasgow in the morning do a few routes from SOU and then fly back up to Glasgow in the evening.