PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Hold Pool
Thread: Jet2 Hold Pool
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2024, 07:36
JM926

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do find it bemusing that some people are so very pro or so very anti J2. Surely we can all agree that one persons dream could be another’s nightmare?

quiet winter, I love it. But I live close to my base and go about standby days pretty much as normal, just with uniform ready and an awareness when making plans that there’s a chance I might end up in work. Often part or half of the standby is finished by the time I wake up.

that said, I have a few mates who hate the quiet winter and would love to be far busier.

if you have the long haul dream, you’re not going to scratch that itch here. If you commute large distances, that could get difficult with standbys and runs of duty etc. whereas BA, with their long haul or short haul touring rosters could be ideal.

a few mates of mine joined BA recently, some absolutely love it, some not so much. As with every other company, what suits some people will be awful for others.

depending on what you’re after, J2 could be a dream job (or not). The key is maybe knowing what you’re after in a job….?