PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2024, 06:24
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Uplinker
This is the sort of thing that F/Os need to be able to deal with, (and all Captains need to be aware of), but in years of CRM courses, I have never seen it properly addressed. Cabin crew are given specific training and role playing about how to deal with angry or unreasonable passengers but I have never seen F/Os trained to deal with angry or unreasonable Captains.
Great post as usual Uplinker.

Over this last part I would like to emphasize the fact that when operating within the boundaries of proper Aviation Safety Agencies and proper NAA, there should be no place for any Operator to have highly unsuitable crew members at the controls.
Generally speaking we do not expect pilots to reach those kind of extreme behaviors (even though I remember some time ago a couple of pilots from a National Airline fighting in the cockpit but luckily that was on the ground…). Problematic Captains should be stopped by Flt Ops at the very first signs that something is going out of the loop.

A general word For all the FOs, especially the youngest ones: remember that the Captain is there also for YOUR safety. If you don’t feel safe with someone go ahead and fill up reports. Always be factual, never give Your opinions, so that will work even if some guys “have connections”.
Remember that the Legal implications of seating up front, especially in the LHS, are HUGE. Always do Your best to keep everyone safe.