PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Class 1 medical - high blood pressure
Old 25th Apr 2024, 09:10
Gordomac

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
PPrune at it's best, again. Some GP's mean well but way - off the ballgame. Pilots, stay off the pills if you can . Monitor carefully yourselves. Stay within parameters as advised by other posters.

I just changed doctors. Quick MOT revealed BP of 133. I see that is within EASA, and I wouldn't even raise an eyebrow at the highly selective Emirates Board.

Of course, new GP (age 44) was less experienced than me (age 77) but did what he does and simply stated that the BP was high. ER yes. ( I would have said ;"slightly raised"). Had he asked, I would have told that changing Doctors had been a heart seizure inducing experience (HSI syndrom for the new Doc's). Nothing that morning had worked in my cyber world, dropped two full mugs of tea and couldn't even log into Pprune. Phone landline still hooked but old phone didn't ring when people called.. Oh, undergoing eye condition surgery which involved 11 jabs directly into the eye and now, good progress, into three lazer shots in both eyes. Second due later that day.

And Doc says;" Let's just check your BP" ! Oh bless.

Another Poster reminded me of the Knee jerk( pun intended) by some Nurse. I was on Class one renewal standard ECG. Nurse was sweet and looked controlled, measured, calming as she viewed the squigley lines which indicated that while on the ECG machine, I was, in fact, having a seizure. She called the Doc (Brill Egyptian Fella) who took her to one side, raised voices, came back in and said I was on the broken machine he had briefed all not to use... Got me Class one but got home and poured myself the biggest double Jack & Coke.