PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling all European controllers: Brothers and sisters - lend me your hand!
Old 22nd Apr 2024, 09:13
Request Orbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the UK I followed the Prospect link through to NATS Careers (scroll most of the way down), which now lists the updated 2024 figures. You can probably hazard a guess at recent payrise percentages, but I’ve no idea which year the Prospect figures are taken from.

On joining as a Trainee Air Traffic Controller Apprentice, you’ll get a basic salary of £21,330.60, along with an attractive benefits package. This will include everything from a market-leading contributory pension scheme and generous annual leave to a whole host of voluntary benefits and family friendly policies.Because we recognise the costs associated with accommodation when you’re training, we also provide an annual accommodation allowance which is paid monthly whilst you remain an Ab Initio Trainee. The monthly accommodation allowance is equivalent to £8,351.91 per annum.

Once you’ve completed and passed all of your training (college and unit), your salary will rise to £46,216 - £51,508 and, with increments, you could potentially earn over £100,000 (inclusive of shift pay) at some of our busiest units.