PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KDCA Incident - 4/18/2024
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2024, 23:57
WillowRun 6-3

Location: Within AM radio broadcast range of downtown Chicago
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATC Watcher
This not how the system works , in a high density airport it should be 3 active runways, 3 controllers. But the FAA does not have the staff to do this, so they bend the rules. Again it works in low traffic but not in DCA or JFK . hence the incidents.
The sad thing about those 2 incidents is that very likely the individual controllers will be given the blame, but nor those that devised and allowed such procedures.
(emphasis added)

I don't represent Mr Whitaker (don't I wish) but I'd wager more good hard-earned cabdriver money that this Administrator, in this information- intensive environment (which sometimes isn't only intensive but saturated), will be responsive promptly and effectively to both tasks. That is, isolating and defining the procedural deficiencies, and then demanding and - to extent not delegated - implementing the necessary changes.

Yes sure, the "interagency process" lives and thrives inside the Beltway. Nevertheless, in this environment it is very likely that this Administrator will seek resolution. This may not be exactly the same as blaming those who devised dysfunctional procedures - but it will have greater positive effect.

Last edited by WillowRun 6-3; 21st Apr 2024 at 00:38.