PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Newbie & Flying Training Advice (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2024, 21:02
Goneflying85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MECIR Moorabbin or elsewhere

G’day everyone,
I’m have a CPL with around 300 hours or so with the normal stuff like NVFR,Multi engine rating and CSU/Retractable. After having a big break from flying of a few years, I have recently got back on board. Unfortunately for me I’m not in a position to give up my trade and try to pursue flying as a full time career at this current time. However I have been toying with the idea of doing my CIR as I’ve just completed the IREX and then potentially doing some kind of part time flying,whether that be trying to get some hours on weekends doing skydive ops or another path if the opportunity where to arise. My thoughts are that when I’m ready to step away from the tools I would have some kind of experience and would have built some hours that would make me more employable for whatever path I take then.

I am wondering where to do my CIR training? I’ve done all my training at a small school in Melbourne that has changed significantly in the last few years and I’m looking to do what’s best for me. I’ve been wondering about Moorabbin as it’s full of operators and flight training schools which could be a great opportunity for the Networking side of things as I’ve never really done much of this. Also I’ve read a lot about what aircraft to do it in. Would I be best looking for a school that has something like a Baron as a pose to a Seminole to get experience and hours on?

can anyone suggest places to do the CIR and what type of aircraft would be a wise choice for someone like myself. Cheers

Last edited by Goneflying85; 20th Apr 2024 at 22:32.