PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow-3
Thread: Heathrow-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2024, 13:06
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FRatSTN
Since when did BA move alot more destinations over to T3? I thought about 18 months ago they moved pretty much everything bar a few short-haul routes over to T5 with Iberia moving to T3 with other Oneworld partners?

I know Iberia moved back to T5 last summer but there's quite a large number of BA routes including some long-haul back at T3 I wasn't aware of.

I get that Iberia is a close partner of BA and the connecting traffic is no doubt higher than some of the BA routes, but this seems odd considering the likes of American and Finnair happily operate in T3. I don't get why BA would operate certain routes like Oslo and Vienna from T3 to make way for Iberia in their home terminal.

It seems especially odd that the Iberia check in zone in T5 is now directly beneath the BA "Welcome to our home" branding.
Totally agree. It’s a stupid decision and I suspect it’s more because Iberia seem to wear the trousers in the IAG relationship. BA have been playing second fiddle since the odd decision to put the Spanish head of a low cost airline in charge of one of the most respected full service airlines in the business. Building your own terminal to house all your operations and then years down the line moving routes back to T3 to accommodate a lesser Spanish airline is embarrassing to say the least.