PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2-6
Thread: Jet2-6
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2024, 12:01
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P330
I would ordinarily agree, but it seems like a conscious decision has been made to keep these at MAN and London and they are rarely seen in the Canaries so it feels like they are treated as a sub-fleet?
I see what you're saying, but you could say that about a number of different aircraft wihin the fleet which have varying different weights and performance advantages/disadvantages. E.g the newer batch from Boeing, used to have a preference for being based at LBA where possible, due to better performance being used from that airport. Ofcourse ops will always have a preference, if they can get better performance or fuel savings from certain registrations, they'll probably deploy them where they get that benefit. Both of FF and FJ have been to the Canaries as much as a number of other 738s in the fleet over similar time periods after a random check. Not often admittedly, but neither has the likes of 'FW' etc. They both operate longer sectors and I myself flew onboard FJ last summer from LCA on a scraping 5 hour flight.