PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Shortage in Hong Kong
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2024, 11:02
Dingleberry Handpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
Possibly. But apparently they prefer to expand slower and keeping the costs low.
Hahaha good one. They have had their arm forced into it.

A few people dribbling back from bottom feeder jobs tells you very little. As pointed out, perhaps more info is available from the hundreds (actually, that’s a decimal point off) that aren’t.

At this point, there is no demand for expansion beyond piecing some semblance of an airline back together, post Covid.

There is significant difficulty and mind-bending required to envision a bright future for HK. The 4 economic pillars the govt once touted have been demolished. The latest data on them (trade/tourism/finance/professional services) is available, and it really is ugly.

The business traveller premium passenger - the once bread & butter of CX - have now diverted to and through SIN/DXB/etc. The passenger demographic will merely adjust to reflect the quality and profile of tourist found in HK now.

Party is over. Good thing I sold my flat when I did, too. The potential contagion from the property market up north doesn’t bear thinking about.