PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - License and flight school help
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2024, 06:25
rudestuff

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts
Start with the right to live and work and think your career through. Europeans can work in Europe, Americans can work in the US etc, Everyone can work in the Middle East - but only with a few thousand jet hours which means starting somewhere else. Unfortunately anyone with a non-EU non-US passport is at a disadvantage. At your age, in India, I would be looking at routes into Air India, IndiGo, GoAir, Spicejet etc but I would also consider whether there are other degree/career paths that could lead to emigration.

With regard to licensing you need the licence issued by the state that regulates the airline you're working for. In reality that means the place you will get your first flying job. It can be quicker or cheaper in some circumstances to get one licence then convert it to another (FAA to EASA for example).

Some countries like Australia and South Africa favour GA logbook hours; in the US it's virtually mandatory to have 1500 hours before you see a jet. In UK/Europe pilots are hired directly into jets and very few have any GA experience. I'm not too familiar with the aviation industry in India, but if more hours will help getting hired there then I'd suggest getting a 2 year training visa to the US, training there and working as a flight instructor for your final year. That also gives you 2 years to meet the right person if you know what I mean.