PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blair, Hoon et al didn't lie. They honestly believed the dossier.
Old 30th Jan 2004, 16:12
FEBA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jacko
I whole heartedly agree with you and I suspect the rest of the nation does as well.
Hutton's findings are curious in that he did not consider his remit to cover the issue of the existance of WMD. That being the case, if he did not concern himself with WMD then he could only have paid lip service to the 45 minute deployment claim. Also how is it that the government has come out of this whiter than white inspite of the fact that they plagerised a PhD thesis from an American student (and not very well) to bolster the PM's eagerness to take the country to war (probably to save face having given Bush assurances that GB would follow USA into war).
Now, and as a result of Hutton's one sided findings, the BBC's editors now reside in Westminster, a bigger blow to democracy you could not get.
WMD cannot be found it's possible that it never existed. The Americans have reluctantly concluded this. I believe that the government did manipulate the text in order to win the commons vote, in that regard Gilligan was right.
I hope this is not over yet and that Martin Bell gets Dyke's old job and then maybe the supercillious smug grin can be wiped off the faces of Blair, Hoon and Campbell.

Hutton report

US admits Iraq intelligence wrong