PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Euro Work
Thread: Euro Work
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2024, 11:26
excrab

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Obviously if you have a pressing personal reason to leave the USA you’ll have to go elsewhere. But purely based on looking from the outside, living in a country which is as large as Europe but where everyone has the same language, ranging from Florida to Alaska and California to Maine there must be plenty of opportunity for a low houred pilot in GA if you’re prepared to move.

in the UK now there is hardly any real GA flying and the entry level apart from instructing are mainly turbo props or light jets multi crew, the days of single crew charters in Senecas or Aztecs for 500 hour CPL holders are long gone, and I suspect that the rest of Europe is much the same.

EDIT : Having typed that a quick (less than 30 seconds) google search found sixty vacancies for pilots just in Alaska. Obviously some may have been filled and some may not match your qualifications / experience. But if you’ve not done it already get a CFI then CFII and build experience doing interesting stuff on the way to 1500 hours and an ATP certificate. Coming to the end of my career I fly with lots of F/Os whose first job is right seat of a B737 who are worried if they can put up with flying a 737/A320 for the next thirty five years. I was lucky enough to start when it was still possible to fly SEL / MEL / turbo prop / light jet on the way to a Medium or Heavy jet in the UK. In the USA you can still do it, make the most of the chance ( that’s a personal opinion of course, other viewpoints are available ).

Last edited by excrab; 18th Apr 2024 at 11:45.