PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 30-40 Virgin Blue Cabin Crew Quit each month ?
Old 30th Jan 2004, 15:00
overhere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

wanttobebec - Where to start... maybe before you post things in a public forum you should get proof. Infact, instead of posting rumours/lies or both you could even try to clarify your information? A few airlines lawyers would have a field day on your posts on this thread. Wheres your proof of EK's "sexual advances of managerment"? Wheres your proof jetstar will "fail within 2 years" (afterall didn't 'they" also say that about your loved DJ, "they" are the same media who can't even get an aircraft type in their newspaper reports), wheres your proof of "gay come-ons of first class FA's at QF? Wheres your proof that QF FA's are stealing from their company?
I work for a division of QF, I'm not gay (but I am male), I don't steal from my employer and I don't come onto my passengers, I've also never seen the stealing or come-on's in my time with the company.
Also I want to know how QF has had its time, we've come a long way in the last few years and are a fantastic company to work for!
You'll never work in this industry and if some poor employer actually lets you in, you won't last with your attitude. Why? Everyone in aviation is one big family, we may very well compete in the air but we all genuinally care for each other, you on the other hand are way too bitter.

flight attendant - you have to be kidding me? grow up.

andyman, I'm sure you'll get there one day, re your dj experience though, I've seen cabin crew (and tech crew) yawn on many different airlines. Can't tell you how often crew accidently drop something either. Tiredness is all part of the job, no crew would sign on if they weren't fit to fly though, no matter who they work for.

Social Flyer and Hugh, fantastic posts, right on the mark.

Smile - It's a shame you're always having to defend your airline but well done, your posts contain useful information and show a great level of maturity, if the future of DJ is in the hands of people like you then they have no issues!

Finally on topic, I think DJ pays pretty well for the work they do, the crew seem happy (if you talk ot them and don't listen to the rumours). In a young airline though you'll always have people leave, they move on to bigger and better things, they get married, they move interstate/overseas, they decide to study etc etc. More so, how many people make a career out of FA'ing these days anyway? Even at the most established carriers, many people choose to do it for only a few years and then move on. As many have said, if its too hot get out, at least Dj won't be left with a heap of bitter, burned out, lazy crew like other carriers.