PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran
Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2024, 16:33
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DogTailRed2
Depends how you quantify victory. It's a victory for Israel that it can say the west is still it's ally and will support it. It's a victory for the west that we did support Israel. Of course we only hit the little guy. Why is the west not providing similar support to Ukraine?
I smell hypocrisy,
I hear you, the little guy was on its own and Israel needed help. It’s that “emasculating” idea that is being spoken about it there and I bet is eating Netanyahu inside.

I doubt there would be a coalition help if overnight they decided to send 300+ aerial devices to Jordan, UAE, Egypt. The ones with real muscle are the Saudis but I think the neighbours will think twice and will seek guarantees of protection from us before supporting Israel again. Like you mentioned, we left Ukraine hanging, we won’t care for these people too. I am taking a deeper view that this actually made Israel look weak alongside the fact that Hamas did enter their territory, armed with paragliders and machine guns and caused damage. What would have been if there wasn’t warming from Iran? To me, it was never designed for damage but for a symbolic message, that they STILL can’t stand on their own and are weak warmongers.
Ukraine? I have the feeling that Trump will let them rot I’m afraid, I cant see Biden win it as he is losing the educated youth vote over Gaza, losing demographics such as white men over 30’s and latinos. Trump is ahead last time I checked. Militarily speaking, because we are told to stick to topic, we already release resources to Ukraine and we are not addressing issues such as lack fo training capacity in the RAF and pilot recruitment. We don’t have enough jets either and with the world in turmoil, we are spending a ton of money to defend Israel and we are vulnerable right here at home to threats from Russia. It’s time they defend themselves alone, start stuff? Make sure you can finish it first.

Last edited by Raph737; 18th Apr 2024 at 12:51.