PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran
Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2024, 16:04
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking about some military aspects since it’s the military forum. Thinking about a few articles I read that debunked this idea that it was a great victory for israel and the west, with the notion that this was about a message to the neighbours and international community but most importantly, to domestic audiences. The aspect I’d like some views is that, Israel needed five countries to neutralise a large number of these devices, it couldn’t have possibly done on their own, to me is like going to the pub, punching a random only because five or your MMA trained mates are behind you and jump into your defence. The drones they used have a market value of $20K USD per pop, whilst one air-to-air AIM 120 for example, costs $1.37million per head. Then there’s the $200k iron dome missiles and any other expensive machinery used to deter the attack, fuel costs etc. They did it, but it cost them, and us, a fortune. For the Iranians it was cheap and the message was delivered.
I don’t know about you but I don't sing victory and play the big man when I needed a coalition to defend myself from a mess I started it.

Military victory? Well, if you look at the fact that the attack was deterred then yes. But Iran just needed one to hit the target…and it did, hence it was designed to spread the defence open with large numbers from different directions. Also, their propaganda is going overdrive saying that the Israelis were so weak that Uncle Sam, Brits and french had to save them…not a lie is it now?
As far as propaganda, they won. I can refer you to a good article on this, I have doubts about what the media is trying to convince us about right now.

The following users liked this post: