PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2024, 22:25
Skippy69

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
The recruitment process is a heck of a long ride. All to be rounded out with a sim in the 76 in the later evening.

I don't quite agree with the sim being so late, I was in recently and had been up since 3a.m for a flight that morning and obviously with the pre interview nerves and jitters certainly don't think that my best foot was put forward when it came to what is indeed a taxing sim ride. (Yes yes, people will say have a sleep, but tough to do when you're nervous)

Along with the thousands of dollars applicants put forward for those that aren't Bris based in money towards a suit, accom, travel and of course the need to take a couple of sick days because rosters don't always align!

Can say though, that ALL the people encountered in the Qantas hiring department where superb individuals. I hope if they read this they can pat themselves on the back.

After my sim ride I expect a thanks but no thanks , really not too confident, but I bloody well hope that consideration is placed on the efforts that some people go to to put a good foot forward and/or the time of day that the sim is utilized. I myself was already at the back end of a very long day.

​​​​​It would be interesting to know if anyone could say or hypothesize the attrition rates at various stages and what the process is for final selection, I'd have thought that the HR panel interview would hold considerable weight when outcomes where delivered? If we are all pilots there is already an acumen to be able to fly or at least a proven record of an adaptability to comply with SOP's etc. (& not hand fly on steam gauges a jet)