PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran
Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2024, 17:55
Lonewolf_50

Received 429 Likes on 270 Posts
I wonder if said deity is occasionally quoted out of context. Happens a lot in the information age.

Back to Iran:
Not a good story that hit my feed today:
On Monday, Israel's military chief Lieutenant General Herzi Halevi said the recent Iranian drone attacks "will be met with a response," the Associated Press reported. Halevi did not provide any further details on a possible response but noted that Israel is still considering a number of different plans.
This would be a great time for my country's President to tell Bibi:
"If you do this, you are on your own."
Since Iran has been very public about "OK, we made our point, as far as we are concerned this operation is over" a "response to their response" will be easily spun as escalation.
On the other hand, the technical curiosity I have about the following Aviation scenario does intrigue me:
Can Israel manage to slip a few F-35's across the Iranian border, blow up something in Iran (a missile site perhaps) and then slip home unnoticed?
This is a bit harder than the stunt they pulled 40+ years ago on the nuclear reactor site in Iraq.
Both Jordan and Iraq, or for sure Syria, have to be overlown for a lot of miles to mange such a "get in get out" raid.
May be too hard.
Also, it risks Iranian air defense scoring a kill if the IAF don't get it right.
Personally, I hope they don't do that, too many things can go wrong...but they do have previous form.
And I suspect that Iran is trying to prepare for such an attempt.
how stealthy is stealth?
The following 2 users liked this post by Lonewolf_50: