PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pension Benefits Information Statement?
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2024, 10:26
Moi/

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
For me,

Part 1 - Indicates AFPS Pension since joined, until 31 March 24. As i am beyond aged 40/20 years, currently shows both AFPS75 and AFPS15. Tells me the annual increase. Dont really understand the AFPS 15 commutation bit (is it for life or does it go up).

Part 2 - This indicates the EDP i have built up since joining, until 31 March 24. I assume this is on top of Part 1 payments.

Part 3 - This is blank.

Part 4 - "Members serving both on or before 31 March 2012 and on or after 1 April 2015, including those with a qualifying break in service of 5 years or less, are affected by the 2015 Remedy (McCloud). Where affected members were compulsorily moved to AFPS 15, they have been returned to their legacy pension scheme (known as roll back) for any service during the remedy period of 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2022. All affected members, whether originally moved to AFPS 15 or not, will be given a choice of which pension scheme benefits to take at the point they are due to receive their pension or EDP benefits. This is known as the Deferred Choice Underpin (DCU) and will address the discrimination identified by the courts, regarding the way in which the 2015 public service pension reforms were implemented. From 1 April 2022, all Armed Forces personnel now serve as members of AFPS15".