PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran
Thread: Iran
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2024, 10:11
admikar

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by RetiredBA/BY
I dont think you quite understand that Ukraine ‘s resistance to illegal aggression by Russia, clearly an enemy of the west, is doing us. a great service. That in my view, makes Ukraine a great ally of the west.
​​​​​​…. and judging by their incredible fighting competence and spirit agains a numerically superior enemy, I believe they would be a great asset to NATO.
I wonder what constitutes legal aggression?
Originally Posted by Economics101
Don't you realise that defeat for Ukraine puts NATO allies like Poland and the Baltics next on Putin's list? So its not just to save Ukraine that Nato members should give all the aid they can: it's also to save themselves from a likely and more deadly situation.
Also I think we should be slow to criticise Ukrains about mobilisation: they have suffered enormous casualties, so easy to sit on the sidelines and yell.
Their mobilisation woes are quite a lot of their own doing. I can see a lot of military aged males driving expensive cars around the Adriatic. No wonder those with no expensive cars decline to play along.
Originally Posted by DogTailRed2
This war (and the war in Ukraine) is coming to a head and people need to be careful which side they pick.
Do you ally yourself with Democracy or Dictatorship?
Choose wisely.
Idea that democracy is always good and that dictatorship is always wrong is naive at best. If you need an example, take a look at Iraq and consequences change of system brought.