PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IPC type
Thread: IPC type
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2024, 02:48
URCleared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really meant to canvas opinion, and find out what other pilots are doing. I can't be the only one enticed back to flying by the market at present, and was affected by covid history.

I have already lost out on 2 jobs where the focus was on not being current (in flying not type), including Alliance who didn't even want to interview me after I sent in the hours summary sheet they wanted filled out. I tried to apply again post flight review completed but was rejected again before even submitting a new one! There is no contact number to call Alliance on either, I have tried. This is getting into specifics about me I didn't want to get into, but does give a reality check to the supposed 'hot market' out there from my direct experience.
I am now thinking to just tick the box and do the IPC in a piston twin, with the turbine ratings lapsed, I really don't have the $ to renew them, even if I did one it would confine me.

How do they not do IPC anymore? More than likely it goes unnoticed as the final rating sim has the content for a IPC, so it becomes a paperwork exercise as long as that last sim instructor is appropriately qualified of course.