PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impact of a wider war on ME3
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2024, 22:58
Raph737

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FQT2YS
Sounds like a very realistic scenario. If that escalates any further, it will have a massive impact. Not just on the ME carriers…
The North Atlantic market is saturated and there’s no expansion for EU/UK airlines. Many are hiring frantically due to knee-jerk reactions during COVID. So if this kicks off, they can slow down and pilots won’t be able to return from the sandpit.

The ME3, only QR and EK have serious projects in my view, specially QR with their money orders and capacity expansion at Doha airport but if people are scared of flying to ME or through it, now what?
low demand, high fuel costs, management goes after T&C’s, unhappy pilots leave, no jobs back home because let’s face, Europe and UK are over. UK for example has an inflation rate of 4% and the highest energy bills in the world. An ME wide war will make it extremely unattractive to live there and pay even more to survive on heavily taxed salaries. High crime, a number of post Brexit issues, crap weather etc. Every angle you look at this there’s poo, al over it.

I find it extremely concerning. Just an opinion.

Last edited by Senior Pilot; 15th Apr 2024 at 09:49. Reason: Remove JetBlast rant