PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Impact of a wider war on ME3
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2024, 22:02
FQT2YS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raph737
The whole thing is a poo show. They did attack the embassy but somehow the “right to defend itself” only applies to them. There is legitimacy under international law over this retaliation and albeit the rhetoric is very much on Israel’s side, we’d hope that there are grown ups in the room as these people simply want chaos. We had enough of trouble as an industry in the last five years and this is the last thing we need for our livelihoods, whether you fly in the ME or not. I believe that escalation would lead to the beginning of a dry period. Oil barrel will inevitably go up and there would be supply issues due to trade routes closures. Also, the potential to retaliation in our home soils through terrorist cells can cause nervousness in the general public. People tend not to fly to certain places because of fear, remember the Tunisia beach attack led
to near destruction of tourism there, my own airline ceased their contract there altogether because of it. This is not looking good, and all because our leaders are weak and don’t have the cojones to tell the Israelis to go to bed as they did enough nonsense already. I feel that Emirates and Qatar will slow recruitment until there’s some clarity on how the markets will be affected. Etihad survives because of rich leadership but they weren’t hiring enough as it is. They were all worried about losing pilots to Saudi so that’s the only positive for them, if it does escalate, nobody is moving.
Sounds like a very realistic scenario. If that escalates any further, it will have a massive impact. Not just on the ME carriers…