PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2024, 06:23
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Originally Posted by Storkie
Just before my father Flying Officer David Margerison died in 2013 I remembered that he had told me that one day after landing at RAF Kunming he was met by an American Officer, who said your driving to which my father replied that he did not have a licence the American said that he was not to worry, and that he just should not stop if he knocked any Chinese over! On the way to the base he noticed a camera man that was shooting a film, and he said he often wondered what the film was about. I did some research, and found 'Over The Hump' in which he appears as the jeep driver. I went to the home, and showed the film to my Dad. He saw WCo 'Flossy' Wyatt whom my father had flown with as Wop Ag on Wellingtons early in the war, and then Sq Ldr Vlasto oh yes he said that's old Vlasto, and then he said where did you get this.
Dr Paul Margerison PhD
Thanks for the heads up Storkie. The short British Pathe film Over The Hump (presumably shot for showing in their Cinema Newsreel) is on YouTube and attached here, including the triumphal entry of your father at Kunming! :-