PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2024, 06:25
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
I'm sure that Marella Cruises are looking at alternative options for redeployment of the MARELLA DISCOVERY II for the 2024/25 winter season.
My bets are on her being sent to the Caribbean instead of returning to Singapore for the winter season.
Already Cruise ships that were due to cruise in the Gulf/ME areas, and Red Sea/Suez Transit next Winter are being diverted away from the Region.
Holland America and Princess, have both just changed their World Cruise itinerary next winter, and Cunard's Queen Anne World Cruise home leg will also likely be rerouted back via the Cape.

The only issue I can see there in TUI repositioning Marella ships over to the Caribbean next Winter (OK, this is IMO, just a 'maybe') is will TUI Airways have enough long haul aircraft available for a more intense Caribbean flying schedule?
They are already flying their own holiday flights to the Caribbean and Mexico, plus flying those contracted flights for P&O Cruises for BGI and ANU (who have to also go elsewhere for extra uplift; P&O have ditched the Maleth Aero contracts).