PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for the top end
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2024, 00:53
leocarp

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 777xpilot
I know of someone planning to move in January 2025 for to get there foot in the door for the dry season next year. Are they wasting there time moving in Jan or should they move in March/April? 2025
Hey 777xpilot,

If I could do it again, I'd come around early January. I understand that some people will say the earlier you come the better but that's not necessarily true i.e. coming to the top end around September - December where there's just little to no hiring cause who would want to take a chance of a 200hr fresh CPL coming into the wet season?? The WA companies like to do a majority of their hiring around the start of the year to prepare themselves for the upcoming 'touristy' dry season whereas the NT companies will generally do hiring throughout the year, but primarily conduct their hiring just before the dry season starts (so about March would be the sweet spot to come to the NT). Essentially just depends on where that person chooses to base themself. Again, this is all from what I've experienced but I hope I've helped

Last edited by leocarp; 13th Apr 2024 at 01:25.