PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas SH EBA negotiations
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2024, 21:24
HighSpeedPolar

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
I do understand AIPA have been hamstrung in terms of the legislative environment they have negotiated under in previous years but I think this is a deciding year for myself and others if we can’t even manage to attain a pay rise which keeps up with inflation.

- $400 million in share buybacks
- the board scoring 5-8% payrises, executive bonuses out the nose along with gifting Alan Joyce $125 million over his stint with a $24 million parting gift in a year we couldn’t even manage to dispatch half the 737 fleet with less than 40 MEL’s and hold items, we’re leasing widebodies to keep our patchwork ‘LH operation’ on the road and his decisions have left QF facing millions in fines and lost revenue for the 1700 ground staff.
- Most techies have lost over 6 figures worth of income during COVID and some of our new joiners suffered even worse to be met by a barely liveable B scale

Roster protections are the cream but if there is no inflationary pay increases over the 4 years it’ll be a flat out no - the words ‘wage policy’ shouldn’t be allowed to leave the mouth of any company negotiator without the above thrown straight back in their face.

It’s not often QF SH, LH, Virgin and even the team at Airservices are negotiating at a similar time with the leverage we’re offered today - perhaps it’s time the industry says enough so we can leave the industry better than we found it for those behind us.
The following 12 users liked this post by HighSpeedPolar: