PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tips for the top end
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2024, 09:29
nomess

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts
As a prior part owner/investor in a charter outfit, let me add to the above. Good details by the way above.

Dress. 10% would execute this correctly. There is an issue out in the world these days with people who just have no idea. Don’t worry, it happens at airline interviews also. Black Jeans are not business pants. That is a new trend. Don’t even think about it. Black Sneakers. Again, another new trend, please don’t.

‘Tell me what you know about Part ****’ Generally that was the fastest bit in the interview as nobody had a response. You have been sitting around here for months working in the local bottle o’, and the big interview comes, you can’t even give me one sentence on the regulations you are wanting to live and breathe! Jesus.

Resume. Covered above perfectly. Not too heavy, but not too light on, and no fluffy stories, please please no essays on your family’s aviation story. If you are someone a bit older, say 30s, put that on the resume. We certainly looked favourably on those a bit older with prior careers, so so much easier throwing them into the field, the flying is one thing, but all the other stuff outside of the stick flying they can execute from the get go.

PIC. List the types flown and in brackets advise the Command hours done. 200 series always a plus, 5 hours doesn’t do a heck of a lot for us, better vs nothing, but if you are a few dozen hrs…your attractive, please jot it down. Someone who has the initiative during your building to go out and do 20/30 hours on a 200 series is someone of interest to us.

Please don’t brag on about one cross country Nav you do from down south, up and round the tropics then back. If you haven’t spent your whole command time here over many seasons, it’s irrelevant. If you have, please notate that, as I will ask some questions around your experiences in the region, what have you learnt and so forth.

Please don’t write ‘aircraft time and endorsements available on request’ . Just won’t write anything ‘on request’ as nobody had time to go chasing stuff.

Spelling. Please get someone to go over anything before handing in. I repeat, please get someone to go over your resume. Don’t even get me started on that one.

Tattoos. Some don’t care but some don’t like them. You won’t know who does or doesn’t so just cover them up.

Speak. Please, speak…..words….talk to me…We ask questions, don’t give me three or four words. Those who know how to communicate will answer questions in a way that I won’t even need to ask any questions, the interview just flows along.
The following 3 users liked this post by nomess: