PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Labour take on Defence - City AM article
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2024, 18:27
NutLoose

Received 2,930 Likes on 1,250 Posts
One.
If I was running the country the first thing I would do is to cease homing illegal immigrants…. period!
Housing them is simply giving those that haven’t arrived an incentive to come.

Two.
I would use part of that funding to house all those U.K. citizens that are living rough out on the streets, giving them an address means they can pick up their lives, open a bank account and get benefits as they rebuild towards future employment.

Three.
I would use part of those savings for rebuilding the Military and stop some of the stupid waste we see,

Ajax, who in their right mind would buy an APC then double its weight with modifications, one of the best in the World is the Swedish CV90, they should have purchased them at the outset as is, cheaper, proven, and available.

Nimrod, well where do we start, who in their right mind would fly them down to the south coast, take the wings off and then truck it back halfway up the country… and that’s even before the other ludicrously…. Fitting computer designed wings on 40 year old hand built fuselages and wondering why they do not fit straight on, specifying an engine never designed to be buried deep in a wing and wondering why it isn’t happy.

Building Carriers that lack an angled deck or catapults, thus limiting them to one aircraft type, without enough of those to fill the ships, Carriers that the Royal Navy have to whore themselves around the World to get sufficient support vessels to form a flotilla.

Keep telling the public that we can do the Job with fewer but more capable ships which is fine until you need one in the Red Sea and another elsewhere, but do not have the fleet size to do it.

Britain’s bill for housing asylum seekers will climb to more than £5bn a year by the end of the next parliament
The following 3 users liked this post by NutLoose: