PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flare technique A319/320/321
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2024, 04:24
WhatShortage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FM_A320
Thank you for all the great inputs.
In your opinion is it correct approaching 50’ looking towards the far end (or at least further down the runway)?
Some captains told me to keep looking at the 2 big fat markers until I start the flare (so approx 30/20 ft). Others approaching the threshold and latest by 50’ to look away….
Keep looking at instruments and transitioning unless you're already on a visual following papis. Don't adjust the pitch up too much on the flare without putting the thrust on idle or the act will accelerate and you'll have a long flare or go around ( this in a normal escenario... At times A BIT of thrust will be needed due to gusts etc)
The act touches firms most likely due to lack of lift and being a bit high on the flare, do the same as you're doing a bit later.

I started doing a "double flare" which I didn't like AND MORE IMPORTANT this is not the correct technique but it helps in the beginning. Lower the rate at~40 flare at ~20.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT... Seat adjustment? Are you EVERYDAY seated at the same exact position in accordance to your ND/PFD windshield? Meaning, do you always see the same exact picture? Otherwise... You'll continue struggling. Advice from someone flying way too many different a320s from different operators, have a reference on your pedals and arm rest and then adjust it a bit to be exactly the same everyday. Let's say 6 on pedals (this should be the same always), 7-G arm rest and your preferred inclination/height put it there, check your visual reference and adjust, this is very important...