PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber Air
Thread: Uber Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2024, 23:35
Chronic Snoozer

Received 340 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by tail wheel
CASA may or may not know it has lost control of drones (being used privately and commercially) in the same way State Governments have now lost control of electric bikes and scooters. Interestingly last week I was driving home at 55 KPH in a 60 KPH zone when two young school students on one electric scooter, no helmets, overtook me. There was a Police car behind me (the reason I was driving at 55 KPH) and he completely ignored the students doubling on a scooter at 60 KPH or higher speed.
Darwin and physics will sort out the e-scooter violators but it will all be society’s fault for not stopping them. Not the parents, not the individuals. We’re fk’d. People do not care a jot about others and society at large, just themselves. When something bad happens, society is to blame. Or mental health. Or upbringing. It’s never poor self discipline, lack of common sense or disregard for rules and social responsibilities. We want the government to ‘do something’ but we don’t want a ‘nanny state’. Which is it?
The following 2 users liked this post by Chronic Snoozer: