PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uber Air
Thread: Uber Air
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2024, 23:30
43Inches

Received 433 Likes on 236 Posts
The intriguing question - what will the regulator do when private drones are operated repetitiously above 400 feet AGL and unlicensed people carrying drones, which do not require airport facilities, commence operating? I suspect the regulators in most developed countries may be overwhelmed by the sheer weight of numbers as the cost of these air vehicles comes down due to competition and vastly increased manufacturing numbers?
I'm pretty sure litigation will end this from happening as more are injured by errant drones. Insurance will be harder to get, the manufacturers hunted for any faults, and suddenly you have a repeat of what happened to GA in the 70s. CASA and the like will just keep rules tight so that anyone breaching them and causing damage/injury will face the full weight of liability and it will all sort itself out. Pretty much how I see UBER going eventually. The scooter on sale is a liability minefield, providing a mode of injuring yourself that is not even legal on the roads, good luck to the owner of the resale shop.

Some legal advice from a lawyer (not me) regarding the scooter...

Retailer responsibilities Retailers are accountable for injuries, harm, or damage that faulty products (they sell or supply) can and do cause. Particularly if they knew or should have known about the issue but did nothing to forewarn consumers.

I had a look at that site and its has no warnings about it being illegal for street use or laws governing its use in public.

Last edited by 43Inches; 10th Apr 2024 at 23:48.
The following users liked this post: