PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI airways-2
Thread: TUI airways-2
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2024, 07:07
rog747

Received 47 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by azz767
I find this bizarre when 3x 738 have just gone to fly4, why not just move these 2 straight to fly4 and keep two of the fly4 738’s with TUI UK? Seems more work changing liveries etc than necessary.
Yes, I too find it all very bizarre as to what is going on within their flight operations and short/mid haul fleet acquisitions.
Who, I wonder is now mainly running the show, the Germans, or are the UK division part of this?

I know the TUI Airlines Group as a whole, have been in an enormous pickle over the past 5 years with no end in sight,
TUI
has suffered huge disruptions and losses during and post the 737 MAX-8 groundings, the Pandemic, 757/767 retirements, and the Sunwing contract ends (most of which has seriously affected TUI Airways more here in the UK)
Add to this the 787 long haul fleet, many of which are now middle aged, and 787 dispatch reliability has suffered quite a number of delays/diversions requiring Sub charters.

TUI has no other new Type coming on strength anytime soon due to 737M-10 debacle, which should have seen TUI Airways (UK) with a large new fleet enter service from 2021, which was to cover both the 757 and 767 leaving the airline.

TUI Airways are the only remaining holiday charter airline left here in the UK, and on the whole are a good airline product with loyal Customers.
However,
TUI's Customers are not taking too kindly to constant airline and flight changes to foreign 3rd party ACMI carriers.
I appreciate Jet2 Holidays also use leased aircraft from notables Air Tanker and Titan, plus a small number of 737's from both ETF and Air Explore, but Jet2 do not seem to get the rumbles and grumbles from their Customers that TUI seem to get from theirs.

What TUI do next is the big question.
Are they really just sitting around waiting to see if the 737M-10 actually gets built and Certificated with the same 737 fleetwide Type and Pilot rating ?
Plan B anyone ?