PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Weather-Guesser's Memories with the RAF
Old 9th Apr 2024, 13:52
langleybaston

Received 749 Likes on 259 Posts
Originally Posted by B Fraser
I was at Brackers with an occasional spell at 03772 and Shinditz in the 80's. If you were at Dunstable at an earlier point then you may have met the redoubtable Mrs D Rand. A lovely lady and a force of nature who I had the immense pleasure of working with. I was a mere youngster in those days however without the usual shift pay and allowances to boost the bank balance, I noted the influx of high tech industries along with rising house prices and quickly figured out that "he who hingeth aboot getteth hee haw". Met 19 wanted me to become a programmer so I pointed out how much 3M were paying for that sort of skill. It was a very brief conversation. I was sad to leave as the work was usually interesting.
Thank you for your service, good decision and sorry about the confusion!
My BF reference was to Bert Ford .......... as I have only nice things to say about him I dare to name him, as I am fairly sure he was indeed S Met O at the relevant date. In the Seventies he was one of a younger, better educated and better trained staff coming through, replacing the old war-time drongoes.