PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2024, 09:27
IonizedWater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boulanger
I don't work for this outfit anymore, but I remember clearly the day of my interview years ago when HR told me an average of 2 years, and it ended up being 6-7 in reality. Be very skeptical unless you can see such assurances in writing. Also, I don't see how she can get an accurate average when they only just started upgrading people last year with a significant training bottleneck.

This said, they are desperate these days, and even their requirements for DEFOs have dropped significantly. The time to upgrade will probably drop, but that's all affected by how many people are in front of you to upgrade, and how many DEFOs they take in.​​​​​ You also need to hope single pilot in the cruise doesn't start becoming a thing in the next half-decade or so.
I see. Yes, I saw people on LinkedIn got upgraded in 2 years but it was many many years ago. I think the HR I spoke with use the outdated figure to try to entice me to apply. As my friend at Michael Page said, they are all sales people. No wonder. Thanks for your help!