PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QFA220 engine problem rumour
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2024, 04:56
snow dragon

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BravoSierraLima
I have also heard X4A (nicknamed Broccoli Dreaming) needs an engine change due to metal in the oil. Other rumours I've heard is that it was delivered with a wiring fault that triggers the anti skid warning and that X4B was delivered with 7 open MELs and has minor tech faults most days it flies. Dispatch reliability within 15 mins of STD is 96% though. Flights being cancelled due to crew shortages is confirmed. The ability to recruit up to 10 A220 experienced pilots using permanent residency has resulted in ONE successful application, who was so unrecent on the A220 they are required to do a complete type rating again. Now they are trying to recruit experienced (doesn't have to be A220) training captains using those visas.
Well I’ve applied 6 months ago as a experienced Fo and so far it’s crickets from the HR dept.
Also a good friend applied for DEC and his experienced on type and crickets.
As an insight to pay year 2 Captains are on 237k usd and check airman are taking home 35k per month doing roughly 80 hrs per month where we work stateside.
With regards to engines if you don’t run them the correct way the bearings tend to seize.
Welcome to the joys of QF recruiting.
Side note we are both Australian citizens, no visa required
The following 2 users liked this post by snow dragon: