PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 at AeroStar, Orlando
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2024, 23:26
Pablonia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Avoid Aerostar type ratings in Kessimmee FL

Very bad experience. I regret choosing that school.
To enroll you they are very good, but afterwards to give you information, details, to answer questions, fill out forms like TSA, IACRA, answer the phone or emails… a nightmare. Pilotservices like nonexistent, no receptionist, no customer service. A fixed phone that nobody answered.
They didnt tell me the info about fingerprints, so i had to do a specific trip to the US to give my fingerprints, which could have been avoided.
They messed up the sim schedule and gave me less time. They said i had the correct time, and i insisted so they accepted it. They give you the CTP course and they dont use any of that time to prepare you for the type rating.
Then at the type rating course, they put all our training sessions for the checkride on the same day. Four hours for me, and four hours for my partner, plus briefings, 13.5 hours in one day, can you believe it, and then the checkride the next day, no rest time, nothing!!!!
Also there was a misunderstanding and i missed 3 hours of ground CTP time, and the instructor volunteered his time, 1.5 hours to give me what i missed. The school charged me for 3 hours, even thought the instructor didnt charge them, and it was only 1.5 hours. They didn’t pay him nothing, he told me. I tried calling to sort it out, send emails, no answer whatsoever. I was willing to pay for 1.5 hours and they kept sending me the invoice for 3 hours, 315usd. The day before the checkride they told me if I didn’t pay in full, i couldn’t do it. Reticently i paid. The day of the checkride a saturday, the manager asked my on a WhatsApp message at 6 am if i had paid, and at 8 am he wrote me that the checkride was cancelled. I was asleep. I saw my messages at 9 am. I called him, no answer, i messaged, no answer. Same on sunday, same on monday morning. Around midday on monday i received a rescheduled checkride for Tuesday. Altogether it took me three weeks to do everything. I asked for two extra sessions to feel ready for the exam, but it all could have been done in 10-11 days. And every day that passed i had to pay hotel, car, food.
This is a short version of it all.
My recommendation, avoid this school by all means.