PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAL to file Chapter 11 this week.....
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2002, 09:20
aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been watching this thread with some interest since I am close to the events taking place. That is, like in being affected - not by being behind the scenes.

Let me just say that big decisions do not happen in a vacuum. My understanding is that there is a conciderable amount of activity behind the scenes. All the employee groups are involved.

My take on it is that this sets the baseline for what is in our future - likely concessions to make sure United remains a viable and strong carrier.

If this is in fact in our future at United, anyone that has been around for a while must know that other carriers will soon follow.

Another likely event will be a departure of persons involved in United going from being the at or near the world's most profitable carrier to facing serious economic hardship in less than two years.

Many of the comments made here have been understanding - others disappointing. All I can say is that most of us at United are happy and proud to be here and gladly do our professional best to run a safe and friendly airline.