PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2024, 14:58
Skipness One Foxtrot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sotonsean
I must admit Skip, that once I started reading your post and the way in which it was typed, my immediate thought was, has he been having a cheeky Sunday afternoon drink 🍸
We just need to challenge the group-think that goes on about "fairness" and "deserving". Spend less time paying any attention to marketing fluff and pay attention to what the business does and why. Virgin don't have cash to splash, they need to focus laser like on survival and paying down the debt that's weighing them down. They have no recent history of consistent profitability and decent margins and are struggling now, in the good times where competitors are making hay. That said, a split hub strategy makes no sense, nor does a split London operation IMHO. We're never far from the next recession in aviation and if Virgin are still stuck under a debt mountain, we only need look at Thomas Cook to see what can happen. I agree it's a shame that MAN won't get a Clubhouse, but I can only assume the business case no longer stacks up.