PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Generation CAE MPL easyJet
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2024, 12:46
wt02

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

Just a little inside scoop on the EZY MPL. I’m at the end of phase 1, so this is still subject to change. For the core flight phase, CAE have now changed how they’re doing it. So the 2/3 courses ahead of me are now going to Spain for the core flight phase, which will massively reduce the hold pool waiting times in Phoenix. They are still sending my course, the 1 ahead, and the 1 behind to Phoenix, which they expect to have no or very minimal delay as a result of sending the few courses ahead to Spain.

The MPL itself, personally, is a great prospect and becoming a much more validated way into the right seat, just as the integrated ATPL did a few decades ago. The conditional offer is just that, conditional. You have to achieve the correct standard throughout the course, which is a completely understandable requirement, in my opinion. Someone mentioned on this forum (I can’t remember who), that the MPL is a huge risk if the airline goes under, which is completely correct, as shown by the Monarch and FlyBe MPL schemes. Being aware of the financials of the airline that you’re applying to is a vital bit of information to base your decision on (easyJet has very little risk of going under, but it’s never 0 risk, nothing ever is).

There is also a pilot liaison team who are in regular (minimum once a month) contact with each course, and are situated within the same building that we are doing the course in, and it’s heavily emphasised that you can go and chat to them whenever you like, especially if you’re having issues and want to directly talk to easyJet.

No course is zero risk, what happens if you finish the end of the integrated/modular course and you don’t get employed? It’s all about finding out the course that is the most right for you, and the appeal of the easyJet MPL seemed right for me.

If you would like any more information, my DMs are open. 😊