PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwich
Thread: Norwich
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2024, 08:53
Markushillman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by azzbo
Thanks, wonder how they are doing this - do they give you a QR to get through the gates? I really want to see Ryanair succeed from Norwich but as a regular KLM passenger and long time user of the airport this selective applying of the fee is pretty annoying and bound to p off other passengers too. I wonder what KLM themselves think? I remember how bad departures used to be but it's been a long time since the last refurb now.
Likely the deal they stuck with the airport, the airport has done a lot the satisfy Ryanair, with a "satellite terminal", or what is an older building just opposite stand 5 where passengers are pre boarded to they can go straight on. When Ryanair come it seems they get whatever they want, but could be a case if Ryanair reach a certain level of flights the airport possibly could scrap it entirely, your given a code to let you through yes. Personally I don't mind the departure area, you got WH smiths, the restraunt and can actually find a seat, compared to Stansted and the shopping mall, and trying to find a seat in the holding area. My issue is with the fact they haven't covered the walk down to stand 5, 6 so you get soaked if it's raining the same if your arriving. Really wouldn't take much to just have a covered area installed. Interestingly if you go to the airports website, and read the ADF section, it has been adjusted to such some airlines collect it themselves within the ticket price.