PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2024, 23:13
slickjam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryZoomerCaptain
Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for assessment dates with Wizz Air Direct entry captain non type rated, anyone else did one recently ? Can I expect ATPL questions or ? I have no clue what type of cheese a Mercator is, and I have forgotten all POF formulas, and the rest.

Peace,
I suggest you brush up a bit with one of the preparation sites. Interviews are mixed so you get cadets, experienced FO and CPT both TR and NTR. Up until the SIM the assesment is same for everyone. First step is a computer based exam. 60 minutes and if i recall correctly around 40ish questions. Mix of company-related questions like how many aircraft they have, who is the CEO etc. ATPL theory questions, nothing too crazy they are balanced in my opinion and its stuff you shoud know, minimums, fuel policy, runway and taxiway markings, lights, METAR or TAF, like stuff you actually use on a regular basis. I recall only one weird question it was about how many firefighting vehicles should be on a certain class of airport or something like that. High school math with, volume, time distance speed, if a wheel has a certain diaemeter how many times it have to roll to complete a certain distance. Division, multiplication with big numbers. Like multiply 35067 x 3242. No calculator, pen and paper. If 5 workers complete some task in x amount of time. How long it would take for 9.
There is 2-3 chart questions and i remember they are a bit tricky, The answer that seems obvious is wrong so take your time with that. Once you finish they will split you in groups for the group excersise. With some ridiculous task, goal is not to complete but they watch you communicate. After that they will let you know the results from the first exam. Some stay, some go home.

After that HR and Technical interview, 2 guys, one observing and taking notes the other one talking to you. This will obviously depend on your experience and varies wildly, with some guys they really went deep into technical stuff. Also if you give a wrong answer is not an automatic fail I found out. I nailed the whole thing it went really well until the last question. I don't remember what was it but i was confidently incorrect. They asked me if i am sure. Im like yeah sure. They laughed and told me that once i leave the room i should read up on it. Then you are finished for the day. You will receive an email if you should go for day 2. In my case it was super late because our group was more than 90 people. Next day they will organize you into groups for the sim. Its early, like 5AM. Briefing before that. They told us that no feedback will be given and do not ask for it.

Cadets go with cadets, NTR experienced together and TR experienced together. So sim will depend on that. If you are type-rated pretty much guaranteed to get an emergency. You do both PF and PM around 30-40 minutes each.

After the SIM they will tell you shortly if you passed or not. You go for the aptitude tests. I mean the usual **** like COMPASS test but it's not called that. The most annoying part is the psych evaluation. It's like a stupid amount of questions many asking for the same thing and you have to reply on a scale like strongly disagree to strongly agree.

Results can vary. Some guys received the pass or fail while walking out. For some it took weeks.

Good luck!