PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Weather-Guesser's Memories with the RAF
Old 5th Apr 2024, 22:52
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
LB, your story is not only about you, or your family, or the Met Office, or the various RAF Stations you were posted to. It is all of those things and much more; times, places, events, that were common to most of us. So perhaps we could share your journey? I have in mind the gentle meanderings we enjoyed with Danny42C; the by-the-ways, obscure details of cars, pubs, messes, railway journeys, etc, etc. In other words, blatant, defiant, and inexcusable thread drift! I think that Danny was briefed by his predecessor on the Obtaining an RAF Pilots Brevet in WWII thread to pace it out. Let the audience do its own reminiscing too, asking questions, answering them, and generally wander around at leisure. By which time they are eager to read your next episode. In other words, keep 'em waiting! I only offer this as a humble suggestion because you need to know that your story is important; to those who were your customers then, and to those who came after and are interested in what the RAF was like then, and what it was like being a civilian so intimately involved in its core activity, the flying!

Hopefully others may concur with my view that this thread should run and run. I'm not suggesting that it would compete with the hallowed thread that is pinned to the top of our Military Forum, but there is no reason that it cannot take it as a model. As I say, this thread is not simply your story, it is our story: those who served in the RAF then, those who serve in the RAF today, and those who did neither but are interested in its story.

Perfectly willing to be poo-pooed of course, your call Sir!
The following 14 users liked this post by Chugalug2: