PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - License Transfer Confusion
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2024, 11:39
Freefly170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Beagle, so I’ve been looking at the Examiners differences document in EASA website, this is what comes under the Spanish AESA section, so I assume that my test was a License Profiiciency check for revalidation of my SEP rating, in which case it allows for any EASA examiner to complete the test, provided that he -she has gained prior approval from AESA and they can also endorse the license with the new validity period. However in a subsequent table that follows it states that the examiner cannot endorse the license, that requires the AESA, so its a bit confusing !

However the key point is that I did not request prior approval for the French examiner to perform the test (unfortunately) so they will likely not accept it. They do state that the request must be done at least 5 days prior to the test flight via their website, however since it takes almost a month for them to acknowledge receipt of an e mail I cant really see this working in practice.

Sadly i think the only thing I can do now is transfer the license sans the SEP rating and then re perform the test under the DGAC criteria.

I have a new found respect for examiners who have to disentangle these rules on a regular basis !