PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Network EBA
Thread: Network EBA
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2024, 00:10
Gas Chamber

Received 300 Likes on 73 Posts
Originally Posted by Beer Baron
Scope would be great, and as has been pointed out, mainline took PIA a decade ago to achieve it. But Qantas would rather ground the whole operation and blow over $200 million, than give it to us. Your post shows exactly why they will never allow it. The last thing they want is T&C’s matching the US majors.

In the past a lockout would be (and was) the only way to stop drawn out PIA. But as we have all seen, the IR landscape has changed and an Intractable Bargaining application can painlessly stop further PIA.

So if Qantas don’t want to give you scope and you can’t force the issue with PIA, what is your move? I’m fairly certain the FWC won’t serve it up in a determination. So do you accept the terms of the lowest subsidiary in exchange for scope? Now that surely would be a pyrrhic victory.
maybe 200 pilots in Western Australia didn’t wake them up…perhaps 3000+ on the east coast will do the trick. Perhaps Virgin can join us and make a real statement about management abuse and lack of recognition. How will they manage that?!
They will bleed cash and be all over the media.
Aircraft will be parked all over the country. Business and public will realise our worth.
stop starting subsidiaries to destroy our hard earned conditions. Government is having to implement IR laws to stop the blatant manipulation of staff.
Sure they can force an eventual determination, but that will take months or even years.
imagine the chaos in between.
QF would be hundreds of millions better off with ONE seniority list and ONE business. Imagine the millions or even billions saved on training, retention, efficiencies, IR, HR etc.
Stop manipulating your loyal staff with gross outsourcing. Stop destroying a great airline.
you grubs don’t deserve to be part of our national carrier. The selfish destruction of the place is abhorrent.
I’m absolutely confident it will work.
after years of games and abuse, I say…
BRING IT
The following 2 users liked this post by Gas Chamber: