PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toxic Cabin Air/Aerotoxic Syndrome
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2024, 07:36
Manual Pitch Trim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for sharing the truth honestly. I agree with what you say. The authorities need to act and be pressured, safety isnt first here.

Originally Posted by blind pew
There are always disbelievers, fortunately some get converted and realise how foolish they are.
I was given a week to live over the 75/76 winter under the watchful eye of Roger Williams who had carried out the first liver transplant.
40 years on I tried to get my Tox results from several sources but weren’t available.
In the late 80s I occasionally got blinding headaches on the DC10 and tracked it down to some of the engineers turning off one or two packs in cruise to save fuel. With one particular engineer I swore at him after I developed a blinding headache having asked him to leave all the packs on an hour before but he sneakingly turned a couple off. He took the micky out of me and my sickness. The following year I flew with him again and he apologised as he too had developed a lot of weird symptoms.
Shortly afterwards the head of training offered me an out of seniority transfer back to short haul which helped but I ended up loosing my license on medical grounds 3 years later.
After flying THE aerobatic glider with the twin brother of the guy whose estate sued BA amongst others I communicated with the heads of the first two aerotoxic organisations..Have no doubt that if aerotoxic syndrome is recognised then civil aviation as we know it today will have to have a radical overhaul and that won’t happen.
There is of course a genetic side to it just like why my urine smells after eating asparagus and the Mrs’s doesn’t.