PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Group Training Academy at Wellcamp
Old 3rd Apr 2024, 23:57
dr dre

Received 359 Likes on 197 Posts
Originally Posted by jackyboi
Take CAUTION when thinking of getting trained here.They graduate a new course every 5 weeks and overall hundreds get added to this "active hold file" many not going anywhere.
Most of the latest grads are either headed to Qlink or JQ. The rest are being employed either as instructors or GA placements. It was a bit hit and miss at the start, but it has gotten better.

It is just a marketing tool (over promising, knowing they'll never hire) for FTA to pump sausages out.
I never understand the hate against ‘sausage factories’. Airlines don’t want 101 non-standardised trainees each doing things their own way, they want people all raised with the same skills and mindset and adherence to SOPs, at an institution where they have access to your training records and can monitor your progress on both technical and non technical skills.

2 of my friends made the active hold one a qantas child with lower assessment results and flight training/exam results than the non qantas child, and the qantas child got pulled in immediately.
How did you gain access to recruiter’s assessment scoring for multiple candidates which is always kept strictly confidential?

Originally Posted by jackyboi
l

I tried building hours with a GA operator but couldn't hack the disrespect and lack of appreciation for hard work in the industry.
So why not aim for a course where you have a much higher chance of getting straight into an airline in the first place?

Last edited by dr dre; 4th Apr 2024 at 00:08.
The following users liked this post: